NOTICE TO CLIENTS:
With immediate effect:
Restriction on business activities:
- Brian Maunder Insurance must not, without the prior written consent of the Financial Conduct Authority, do either of the following:
(a) undertake any regulated activity or other activity connected to that activity, save as expressly permitted in paragraphs 3 or 4 below; or
(b) market its business with a view to generating new clients
- For avoidance of doubt, paragraph 1(a) above applies both in relation to Brian Maunder Insurances existing customers and/or any new or prospective customers.
- Brian Maunder Insurance may undertake regulated and other activities in relation to business conducted by Brian Maunder Insurance prior to the Effective Date which are within the scope of the Brian Maunder Insurances existing permissions save for any which involve any dealings with or handling of client monies (other than in 3 (c) as necessary to comply with a legal obligation or 3 (e) as necessary in the exceptional circumstances). Examples of such permitted activities include but are not limited to:
- Routine administrative or servicing matters (carried out diligently and in a timely manner), in relation to business conducted with existing customers prior to Effective date, and which arises in the ordinary and proper course of business, including answering queries from customers, assisting clients with renewals, and referring them to other authorised persons who may be able to help them further, but excluding the receipt, processing or other handling by Brian Maunder Insurance of client money (including ongoing payments made to Brian Maunder Insurance by instalment or under an arrangement allowing for payment by instalments);
- Claims-related activities (namely assisting customers with claims they may have);
- The payment of sums legally due to third parties including customers;
- The handling of any complaints; and
- The processing of pipeline new business within 10 days of the Effective Date that the Requirements come into effect where there is a risk of customer harm if the business is not concluded by Brian Maunder Insurance, in circumstances where there is no time or opportunity for the customers in question to arrange for the business to be concluded elsewhere.
The above will continue to apply until further notice.
IMPARTIAL ADVICE TO ALL BUSINESSES AND INDIVIDUALS
Brian Maunder Insurance Services has been established since 1993, and have an excellent reputation for providing all our clients, both private and commercial with a first class service every time.
Our business has been built on word of mouth and repeat custom as the service we provide ensures customers receive a personal and friendly service.
If you would like to make an enquiry or need any more information, please call and we will be happy to help.
Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (Firm No. 308901)
Products and services
Buy to let insurance
Commercial property insurance
Company car insurance
Professional indemnity insurance
Van & Commercial Vehicle insurance
2 Washington Chambers
Vale of Glamorgan
Tel: (029) 2071 2255 / (029) 2071 2277